I love to travel! And I don't even mind packing for it. I'll share with you why on this page.
Have a specific question on travel organization? Let me know - I'd be happy to answer it!
There are really only two things to strive for in a travel outfit: comfort and efficiencies. Lucky for us, athliesure is a thing.
Here are a few travel outfit tips I've learned from my trips:
|What You Probably Do||What You Should Do|
|Traveling from a cold to warm location: Wear a jacket to travel to and from the airport. Put this in the overhead storage even though you know it's not allowed. Lug it around on your vacation. Almost forget it at the hotel because who wants to go back to cold weather anyways.||Layer, layer, layer: I'm not opposed to the idea of wearing what is meant to be in your suitcase. When you arrive at your destination, it's easy to maintain comfort by unlayering down to your lightest layer and wrapping your heavy layers around your waist.|
|Get mistaken as "the bag lady". You have a piece of luggage (hopefully it's a carry on bag), a personal bag, more bags in your bags.||Select MAX two bags: one day bag and one night bag to bring with you. Your personal bag should be either one of these. Bonus points if your personal bag slides on to the handles of your luggage AND fits your laptop.|
|Wear one travel outfit to your destination, pack a second travel outfit to come home, and never wear any of these items in between.||So maybe you add your hat to your travel outfit because you have no idea how to pack it, but that's not what we're getting down to here. You can wear the same travel outfit to and from the airport. Those layers we were talking about earlier - make them items you wanted to pack anyways. A sweater for the beach, a basic tee for any bottoms, sneakers for outdoor activities, etc.|
Even if you are one to snap a pic at the airport, just don't take one on the way back. And now I've saved you time getting ready for the airport too.
Here are some travel outfit ideas:
|Dress It Down||Dress It Up|
|Layering tops is simple. You start with your tightest fitting clothes to loosest:
||For the girls who are not into the sweatpants look:
It's no secret, I love to travel. But traveling can be exhausting if you can't find your things! If you start to organize yourself, travel prep, traveling, and unpacking can be much less stressful. Packing cubes are everything, and this includes the beauty specific packing cube, dop kits.
A few of my personal care favorites to tote along:
- Organix travel size shampoo | I have a keratin treatment in my hair, so I always take a sulfate-free shampoo with me. All conditioners are sulfate-free, so I leave this behind to save space and unecessary clutter when I'm looking for an item.
- Travel tooth brush and toothpaste | I am very dedicated to my electric toothbrush, but just at home. In case I'm not staying at a hotel with dental kits, I bring along a portable pair.
- An alternative item I've been wanting to try out: quip
- Comb | Yep, a comb instead of a hair brush. Combs are allegedly better for hair health, and they're smaller - win/win!
- Sample size foundaton | If you are the lucky recipient of a leak-free sample container, hold on to it and fill it with your favorite foundation for travel. My favorite: Estee Lauder double wear
If you're going on a shorter trip, merge your beauty and personal care supply filled dop kit with intimates like socks.
And most importantly, always keep your essentials packed for your next trip. These are items that you use every single trip, no matter what, and do not use at home. It's up to you what you include!